Followers issue

• Hi Staff members. In all due respect, this issue is not resolved and it is also not related to the browser cache or cookies. I have checked this out on 4 different devices using 4 different browsing software and can see the same issue.

Last night I had 8 new followers join while I was asleep yet the counter only went up by a BIG 1.

On top of this, 8 old followers dropped off my last page. It is as if I have a maximum of 19 pages and the 20th page has not been created.

Also, if I do a manual count across my 19 pages, that are actually visible to me, I count 380 wordpress followers but the counter says 370 (and then there’s all those who have dropped off page 19 missing too).

This was temporarily resolved for me a couple of days ago but it all started happening again pretty quickly. It was as if someone hit a reset that captured the correct follower count but it didn’t actually resolve the issue as new followers joined.

I really hope you can get to the bottom of this soon as I’d say a lot more people are affected than are reporting it as they probably aren’t keeping a close eye on their total follower count.

• Oh dear! I’ll tag this thread for Staff assistance once more. Please subscribe to the thread so you are notified when they respond and please be patient while waiting.

• My apologies everyone, I had meant to post earlier.

This is being researched further. It does appear that something wonky is going on.

• rootjosh…I’m still seeing weirdness. Thanks for taking care of the issue.

• Conrad, thank you for pointing here here. @Timethief, I know you like to keep threads distinct but I obviously belong here. =( (Rather, sad frown). @rootjosh, this is my update”

I know all I can do is just wait for Staff at this point. Just wanted to clarify something to help Staff help me. My WP + email + Tumblr followers add up but the problem is the base number of WP readers that lags. At present, it is behind by 6, though it managed to wrench itself out of the 728 mark. After I’d lost my email readers last week and while Staff was troubleshooting, my aggregate count hit 33 before it refreshed. Wondering if the sluggish counter for my WP following is a residual issue. I hope someone can reset my counter! Thank you.
    =======
    My new readers are not bumping off my old but my WP counter is not keeping up AND the gap widens everyday. Like many reported, as the manual count goes up, the WP followers count remains stuck or barely attempts to catch up – most sluggish.

• I meant pointing me here – writing in a rush!

• My followers are not getting emails when I post. Same issue?

• SocialEyesNYC & Holistic Wayfarer

As I say, we are working on it. I will update when I know more.

• cleaningupatown

That is a different issue. I’m going to keep this thread to updating on the followers issue. Please feel free to make a new support thread.

• I’m having the same problems in my stats as those above. I’ve lost almost 1/2 of my followers and Eurello in the forum (https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/follower-counts?replies=3) suggests if you’re still having problems after clearing your cache to contact support. That didn’t work.

Help! The site I’m having these issues with is: http://plaintalkandordinarywisdom.com

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Note: Before I was directed to this site, I left similar inquiries on these other 2 forums with regard to the same problem:

1) https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/my-follower-count-and-actual-number-of-followers-appear-to-be-different?replies=6#post-1440465

2) https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/lost-follower-counts-in-stats?replies=3#post-1440469

Thank you.

• I’m having the exact same issue as @conrad72

Everytime I get a new follower one of the oldest ones drop off and another page of followers cannot be created it seems.

• Update: I too am now having Conrad’s and Maychau’s issue. My first 5 WP followers have dropped off. On top of that, I still have the problem of the counter’s not keeping up with my latest WP subscribers (short by 5 as of now) so that I am now short 10.

• Good morning everyone! Anything new happen while I was gone?

Seriously though, the stats guys are looking into this, I promise. It’s a problem, we’re aware of it and the solution will be found.

I’ll keep updating here as I know more (or at least to let you know you haven’t been forgotten).

• Hello, I am jumping on here too. Had 224 followers last night and 247 today, but can only see less than 10 new names & their blog URLs in my stats.

• I thought I would just add my site to this thread. aopinionatedman.com is also experiencing this… except I really can’t tell you how many followers I should be at.

It has been stuck at 23,762 followers for awhile now, which is definitely not correct. Thanks for the support, -OM

• Just adding my sites to report that I’m having the same issue with both of them.

http://www.funnylifestories.com

http://www.americansmalltowns.com

• Hello everyone.

As you can see, the followers aren’t updating properly. We’re still looking into it. Rest assured, your followers are not lost. It is a stats display issue rather than a data loss issue.

• I’m not sure this is the same problem, but I have stopped getting notifications from wordpress or storylinecreations (name of blog) about the current post. Used to always get several email notifications when a post was published, but so far, nothing (published yesterday). I’ve checked my email account–no problems there. Thank you.

• I’m not sure this is the same problem, but I have stopped getting notifications from wordpress or storylinecreations (name of blog) about the current post. Used to always get several email notifications when a post was published, but so far, nothing (published yesterday). I’ve checked my email account–no problems there. Thank you.

• The topic ‘Followers issue’ is closed to new replies.