Follow this Blog button not working

• I have been receiving reports from readers that they are not receiving updates when new posts appear or are reposted after revision and scheduled.

I personally am not receiving notifications when I post, despite the fact that I have entered one of my emails as a follower.

This is an urgent problem, since on of my programs started on November 27, 2023, and participants follow the site to receive daily communications published on the blog.

The problem is causing scheduling difficulties.

I have become aware of the problem only because participants have contacted me to report that they are not receiving the posts.

VERY BAD!

WP.com: Yes
    Jetpack: No
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Quick response:
    I’m sorry to hear that you and your readers are experiencing issues with receiving notifications for new posts. Let’s troubleshoot this together and get it resolved as soon as possible!

First, let’s check a few things on your end:

Make sure that you are the author of the posts in question. Only authors receive email notifications for their own posts. I AM THE SOLE AUTHOR

Check your Discussion Settings page to ensure that email notifications are activated. You can find this page by going to your WordPress.com dashboard and clicking on ‘Settings’ and then ‘Discussion’. THERE IS NO ITME FOR EMAIL IN MY DISCUSSIONS TAB

Verify that you haven’t accidentally blocked all emails from WordPress.com. You can check this by visiting the Notifications page in your WordPress.com account settings. EMAILS NOT BLOCKED

Take a look in your spam folder to see if the notifications were mistakenly sent there. If you find them there, be sure to mark them as not spam so that future notifications go to your inbox. NOTIFICATIONS NOT IN SPAM, SOCIAL, OR INBOC

If you’ve checked all of these settings and are still experiencing issues, please refer to our troubleshooting guide for more detailed help: Troubleshooting Not Receiving Notification Emails.

Additionally, if you’re using Gmail, we have a specific troubleshooting guide for Gmail-related issues: Gmail Troubleshooting Guide.

Now, let’s address the issue with your readers not receiving updates. Here are a few things to consider:

Ensure that the posts in question are published publicly. Notification emails are only sent for new public posts. If the posts were initially published as private and then made public, the notifications won’t be sent.ALL POSTS CONCERNED ARE PUBLIC POSTS
    Confirm that the posts are not being re-published or moved from private to public. These actions won’t trigger notification emails. NOT MOVED FROM PRIVATE TO PUBLIC

Check if the posts are being updated instead of being published as new posts. Updating a post doesn’t trigger a notification email. POSTS HAVE BEEN RECLASSIFIED AS DRAFTS, EDITED, AND THEN REPUBLISHED

Verify that your site is not set to private. If your site is private, your subscribers won’t receive any email notifications. SITE IS PUBLIC

If you’ve checked all of these factors and the issue persists, please reach out to our support team for further assistance. They’ll be able to investigate the issue more thoroughly and provide you with a solution.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and we appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue for you and your readers.

👍👎
    Generated by WordPress.com’s Support AI
    Need more help? Click the button below to send your message. For reference, here is what you wrote:

Follow this Blog button not working

I have been receiving reports from readers that they are not receiving updates when new posts appear or are reposted after revision and scheduled.

I personally am not receiving notifications when I post, despite the fact that I have entered one of my emails as a follower.

This is an urgent problem, since on of my programs started on November 27, 2023, and participants follow the site to receive daily communications published on the blog.

The problem is causing scheduling difficulties.

I have become aware of the problem only because participants have contacted me to report that they are not receiving the posts.

VERY BAD!

WP.com: Yes
    Jetpack: No
    Correct account: Yes

• Hi there,

when new posts appear or are reposted after revision and scheduled.

I can verify that setting a post to draft and republishing it will not send out notifications to anyone, and I really recommend against that since you could be inadvertently breaking existing links to those posts. If you’re trying to get notifications out for new posts, you’ll want to be sure to use the New Post option every time rather than editing any old posts.

And, if you want to share why you’ve been editing old posts rather than publishing new ones, we may be able to make a recommendation to help you achieve the same goal. Let us know what you have in mind!

Can you let us know which email? Is it the one listed here? https://wordpress.com/me/account We’d be happy to sort out any issues with notifications for new (not previously published) posts, but I don’t see an email or subscription to this site for that address, so it may be as simple as re-following the site. Let us know!

• The topic ‘Follow this Blog button not working’ is closed to new replies.