FIX YOUR AUTOSAVE FEATURE

• I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF WRITING A BLOG POST AND SUDDENLY THE AUTOSAVE FEATURE HANGS AND AS A RESULT I LOSE ALL MY PROGRESS OF MORE THAN 1500 WORDS AND I HAVE TO RESTART.

SERIOUSLY THE FACT THAT THIS BUG EXISTS IS UNACCEPTABLE BY ANY STANDARDS.

FIX THIS FEATURE OR AT LEAST TELL ME HOW TO TURN OFF THIS BROKEN FEATURE BEFORE I TAKE MY SITE TO BLOGSPOT. I AM DEAD SERIOUS.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• I’m good now, this can be marked as resolved.

• There are several reasons why the autosave to our servers failed. Most of them are beyond our reach; e.g. lost connection, serverproblem, …

• Things like this are going to keep happening. I recommend deciding ahead of time just where your limit is and if WP crosses, then move to Blogspot.

• Other services can and will have similar or other problems. It’s whishful thinking saying other services won’t have connection problems.

• Did I say ANYTHING about connection issues? No I didn’t. So don’t accuse me of wishful thinking, thank you.
    I said WP would continue to have issues. That encompasses many aspects of blogging.

I’ve been using blogspot and wordpress side by side for years, close to a decade now, and while WP has the superior socialness (notifications, reader, etc), they do a terrible job of breaking things on a regular basis. Basic things like copy/paste for goodness sake. Blogspot leaves you alone to do what you do best, blogging.

and to the OP, I still recommend blogspot as a backup at a minimum. Check them out and see if they will work for you.

• The topic ‘FIX YOUR AUTOSAVE FEATURE’ is closed to new replies.