Firefox (not responding) 503 menu item limit

• 1. I was adding new menus items to my menu list on http://www.”mysite”.wordpress.com
    2. There were two items that were exactly alike.
    3. I put both of them in.
    4. Then I deleted one.
    5. Since that time it says “Firefox not responding” whenever I enter appearance>menu
    6. Firefox says this whenever I put in a new item menu.
    7. Firefox enters a 503 whenever I try to save.
    8. No matter how many reloads (after one minute), I must go back, and click “save” again in order to save the menu with new updates, but after that, I enter the 503 error screen again.
    9. I am using PUBLIC/university library computers and I tend to move from computer to computer as I work each day on a different one.
    10. These problems have been happening ever since I had two menu items of the same sort.
    11. I have now 495 menu items.
    12. How do I get rid of this “not responding” error, it only happens for half a second? How many menu items can I have on wordpress.com? I am using twentyten.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Just a few notes:

1. This happens when I log into the website admin, and go to Appearance > Menu, not Admin > Pages > Edit > Menu?

2. I create one menu item with the name “X”, and then a second menu item with the name “X” — then, I deleted one of the “X” menu items in
    WordPress> Admin > Appearance > Menu

3. Now, whenever I enter Appearance > Menu, I says on the top of the screen”Firefox not responding” or whenever I put in a new menu item.

4. When I press “save menu item” when trying to enter new menu items, I get a 503 server error “Matt’s fault” [503 errors]

I’ve tried reloading. No matter how many reloads (after one minute), I must go back, and click “save” again in order to save the menu with new updates, but after that, I enter the 503 error screen again.

I’ve tried multiple computers. I am using PUBLIC/university library computers and I tend to move from computer to computer as I work each day on a different one …. I am seeing exactly the same behaiour no matter which computer I am on.

These problems started once I had two menu items with the same name, that is, page name.

How do I get rid of this “not responding” error, it only happens for half a second? I think it’s interfering with saving my menu?

Last, how many menu items can I have on wordpress.com?

I am using the twentyten theme.

• The topic ‘Firefox (not responding) 503 menu item limit’ is closed to new replies.