Firefox 1.5.0.8 / Passwords

• Firefox 1.5.0.8 has a problem with cookies.

It says that you do not have cookies enabled when you do. I have had several reports today.

Moral of the story: get Firefox 2
    (or Opera. or IE7…..)

• Yup, been there, got the t-shirt and then loaded firefox 2. Everything is well except as you know for exporting and importing blogs. In that case firefox 2 keeps returning to “Bloglines” to subscribe instead of producing an export xml file when you select “export”. On the other hand Opera will grind away and will produce an xml file in about 20 minutes based on 500 exportable files.

• The export should be fixed – it should offer a download now.
    Unless you have setup a file association of your machine which could cause that to take precedence.

• @mark

Unless you have setup a file association of your machine which could cause that to take precedence.

hmmm specifically what do you mean? [she asked narrowing her eyes and thinking oh no it was probably something I did]. :(
    I vaguely remember firefox offering to subscribe all my future rss feeds to Bloglines if I said so. And I did so Mark. If that’s what you mean the please include instructions to help me change this. Thanks.

• grindingly slow …

• You folks and your Firefox. Give me Mosaic anyday. :)

Not a clue on the settings question as I can’t load Firefox from here.

• I’d use Lynx but I just can’t seem to grab those widgets ;)

• tt – I would look inside FF prefs.

• Mark hit the nail on the head. I had done the FF 1.5.0.8 upgrade last night. Same old problems that happen with an FF upgrade… pages not loading, all sorts of weird stuff. I installed FF2 today. Seems to be running smoothly. Keeping my fingers crossed.

• @Mark
    Under “tools” and “options” I changed the “when I click on a web feed” setting from “Bloglines” to “show me a preview” thanks. :D

• The topic ‘Firefox 1.5.0.8 / Passwords’ is closed to new replies.