Fed Up with "Home page" in Stats

• Re: “you would still only have 5 views on “From Idaho National Labs” and 3 on “Berkeley Lab: A Lab Supreme” because visits to http://sciencesprings.wordpress.com/ are visits to the Home page, no matter what the viewer scrolls down to read on that page.”

I do not know from which days you took these titles; but they serve the point: assume they are on the same day, if there were 20 Home page views, each of those might have had many more than the 3 or 5, and that is what I want to know. Berkeley Labs is way more famous than “INL”. So, I need to see what those people wee reading who found each post when it was the most recent post and thus the Home page, and without asking people to make unnecessary clicks.

• I didn’t even waste my time – I have seen his other posts,

• …but they serve the point: assume they are on the same day, if there were 20 Home page views, each of those might have had many more than the 3 or 5, and that is what I want to know.

If someone goes to your home page, they go to the WHOLE home page and can read anything on that page and there is NO WAY to tell what they read.

How do you propose divining what a person reads, or doesn’t read on that page? Take over their web cam (or require they get one before they can visit your site), record their position in that page by capturing their scroll bar position, monitor resolution and size and then calculate what post is at that location at that particular time and then analyze their eye movements to determine if they read the post or not?

USE THE READ MORE TAG!

• @auxclass – next time, send up a warning signal….

• @teamoyeniyi
    Here’s a tip. before answering any question click the “member” link under the username and scan to see if related threads appear there.

8. an application to reveal what posts are included in “Home page” User last replied: 7 months ago. Most recent reply: 7 months ago
    9. what posts were viewed and counted as “homepage” User last replied: 7 months ago. Most recent reply: 7 months ago
    10. How do I get a listing of posts in homepage? User last replied: 10 months ago. Most recent reply: 10 months ago

• The topic ‘Fed Up with "Home page" in Stats’ is closed to new replies.