Fatal error on my WP site

• I logged into my account after it’s been a while and was updating my pages for a couple of hours. Everything was going just fine, but then when I went to re-login into my dashboard, I received the following error message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7680 bytes) in /data/19/1/95/154/1910806/user/2080238/htdocs/wp-admin/includes/menu.php on line 197

Now I can’t log in at all and I need to ASAP. The website is apparently still working (www.geogrify.com) but I can’t edit :(

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• And actually “englobe.wordpress.com” isn’t the blog in question (I didn’t realize I apparently have 2 accounts on WP).

• What is the url to your site?

The error message you posted is not one I would expect to see on a WordPress.com site so I suspect you are hosted elsewhere. And if you are then you would need to contact your webhost.

• Well my site is hosted at http://www.geogrify.com, but I log into WP with my “englobe” login and I’m not 100% sure what the WP URL would be (because now I can’t even login to see it).

I’m apparently logged into WP still, and when I go to geogrify.com, I can see the WP menu at the top for editing purposes but if I click on anything – such as going to the Dashboard, or Edit Page, I get this error now (slightly different than what I originally posted):

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /data/19/1/95/154/1910806/user/2080238/htdocs/wp-includes/l10n.php on line 842

• This is resolved; you’re right, it was an issue with my web hosting service. Apparently some WP users hit a memory limit and it sounds a bit random on their end, but it affected me. With a quick 5-minute phone call, this was fixed!

• The topic ‘Fatal error on my WP site’ is closed to new replies.