Facebook Widget not working on Chrome

• I have a Facebook widget on every page but the homepage of my website. At some point over the past weeks, On Chrome, the Facebook feed has stopped and been replaced by a title, ‘Facebook’, but there is nothing else displayed. I have cleared the cache, deleted and replaced the widget, etc and have checked other browsers – only Chrome doesn’t seem to be displaying the Facebook feed.

Any ideas?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Thank you very much. I have checked a second laptop and am getting the same results – everything but Chrome. Will try FB…

• Trying to find help on FB another issue!

• Hi @solarias101 , we’d be glad to help. Is this still regarding the Facebook widget on your blog post pages? Can you send your question?

• Hi there, and thanks. Basically, Facebook widget not working on Chrome (no timeline, just static ‘Facebook’. Tried more than one laptop.

• I’ve found that the widget works on my Android phone, Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome, but only in Incognito mode. It does NOT work in a normal Chrome browser window.

• Hi there,

Basically, Facebook widget not working on Chrome (no timeline, just static ‘Facebook’. Tried more than one laptop.

I was able to see the widget in action on my Macbook using Chrome as my browser. If you are not seeing it this sounds like it may be related to an issue with the browser on your computer.

I’ve found that the widget works on my Android phone, Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome, but only in Incognito mode. It does NOT work in a normal Chrome browser window.

If you are able to see the widget correctly while incognito, but not while in a normal browser window, this is typically related to either your cache or your cookies. With this in mind I would like you to try the following

• clear your cache and cookies based on the steps google recommends here: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
    • Also make sure you are not blocking any “3rd party cookies” as explained in that guide as well. This is important and Facebook relies on cookies to function correctly.
    • If you continue to have issues I recommend turning off all extensions you have active and seeing if that helps. If it does you can then turn on extensions one at a time until you see the issue returns, and it will usually be related to the last one you activated.

Hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any more questions.

• The topic ‘Facebook Widget not working on Chrome’ is closed to new replies.