Embedding YouTube Videos

• I’m having problems trying to embed a YouTube video. It’s easy enough if I use the YouTube or Embed blocks but those do not provide the results I’m looking for. When I embed like that the video contains controls which I don’t want…or think that I may not want. I’ll have to see what it looks like.

YouTube has the function of providing iFrame embedding code where I can select to exclude video controls. I used that feature on YouTube to produce the code below but I’ve changed the last bit of it to the word “sample” in order to keep the video anonymous:

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/sample?controls=0

I have not been able to get this code to work, however, no matter how I copy it to my blog. I tried putting it in an HTML block. I tried pasting it into the Code Editor.

I do not want people to be able to share my video too easily which I why I was thinking if I had not controls it might discourage sharing outside of my blog.

Suggestions? Comments?

Thanks.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Oops… the embed code above is trying to link to the video so you can’t see the code.. I don’t know how to show all of the code without that happening.

• The topic ‘Embedding YouTube Videos’ is closed to new replies.