Emails for Likes not coming through

• Hello Folks,
    Any ideas what can be done to resolve the issue?

Here are the details. Up until about 3 months ago, every time a blog post receives a Like, a notification email was coming through (this is the desired functionality). Now, however, no emails are coming for Likes.

Upon trying all the things that could be thought of and also following these steps (What if the emails are not getting through? https://en.support.wordpress.com/email-notifications/), the result is still negative – emails are not coming through.

Here is the blog: https://wiseandharmlesspoetry.wordpress.com/

Any constructive ideas?

Thanks!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

According to our email logs for your account, we’ve sent you four post like notifications since Friday, on the posts, Glorify God and do not fear, Success, and Noële.

If you didn’t receive those emails, the problem might be on your email provider’s end. Please make sure they’re not filtering these to spam, or that these aren’t going to some other filter in your inbox.

• Hi kokkieh,
    Thanks for your reply. I did check this prior to posting a question to the forum and then again just a couple of minutes ago. The result is negative – no emails in the spam or other folder. I have disabled conversation view and therefore am also confident that emails with Likes are not going to a conversation view – this is also confirmed by the fact that unread emails = 0 in my inbox.

The last email with a Like was received in September 2019. After this, I did several improvements on the blog. This is when emails with Likes stopped arriving. By the way, I also received your comment to the same inbox without any issues. Additionally, the same inbox has been serving well in the past several years. All of this suggests that the issue may be on the wordpress side. I could change the email address to a different email provider to confirm (yet, if possible I would rather avoid this for the sake of consistency).

I would appreciate further input, please.

• Hi there,

As with @kokkieh, I also see that we are sending the Like emails successfully. We’ve ben receiving a few users who have not been receiving like notifications through WordPress.com (bell), but it looks like you are receiving those as well.

After this, I did several improvements on the blog

What type of improvements did you make to the blog. Were any setting changes made?

• Hi darnelldibbles,
    Thanks for your quick reply. Thank you for checking whether emails are sent out or not.

The fact that I receive all other emails including this forum notification and my own new posts makes me think that the issue may be beyond my email service although I am happy to troubleshoot it with you. Let me know if you would like me to use a different email provider on the account temporarily to troubleshoot.

As for the changes – they were around the User name as well as whether it appears on posts or not. So, I changes the user name. I also changed the settings to prevent the user name from appearing on posts. I believe that this caused the Like email not to be sent any more. I then changed that setting back, but with a negative result – that is emails with Likes are not coming through.

Look forward to your further suggestions.

• On our end, we can see our system is sending the emails, and you mail server is receiving them. I don’t know what they’re doing with the email from there, but you might contact them to ask why they aren’t in your inbox.

We sent one yesterday when a user liked your post “Noële”, so you can try searching all of your mail for that if you’d like. Be sure you are searching deleted items, spam, bulk, and wherever else they might have opted to put it.

You might also test by changing your account email address to a different provider.

• Hi supernovia,
    I may have found the cause. Is there a chance you can like one of my posts to verify, please? I am going to share the result.

• Sure thing, that’s done so you should see my notification email shortly.

• @supernovia,
    Thank you for further assistance. Indeed, this time the email came through. The issue was that (email visible only to moderators and staff) for an unknown reason was on the list of blocked emails. I am marking this topic as resolved.
    Thanks!

• The topic ‘Emails for Likes not coming through’ is closed to new replies.