emails

• Why are email subscribers not receiving updates & new posts? It’s been like this for a few days now

WP.com: Yes
    Jetpack: No
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi @resarfpoetry, I spot-checked one subscriber and confirmed the email was sent. Can you send an address for a user who is expecting emails and not getting them? We can check their settings.

Any email address you type here will only be visible to staff so long as you don’t add spaces and whatnot.

• We’re seeing the same thing on our site. Existing subscribers are getting emails, but the system is not sending emails to new subscribers. I have tested this with a couple of mailboxes that I own and can confirm nothing is going to the junk folders; the system is just not sending emails to new subscribers

• Hi @amrlibraries, can you please share a few of those email addresses here so we can have a look? Thanks!

• There are 2 email addresses that I have access to: (email visible only to moderators and staff) and (email visible only to moderators and staff). I can confirm that they did not receive the initial confirmation emails. Please let me know if you need any more information.

• None of those email addresses appear on your subscribers list. You can check that yourself at https://wordpress.com/subscribers/amrlibraries.com

Please use any of those two email addresses to subscribe, confirm that they appear in the subscribers list, and then check if they’re able to receive new posts or not.

• You have missed the point.

I can manually add them to the subscribers’ list via the admin page and they will get emails. Existing subscribers are getting emails as well The problem is that when I add new people via the subscription block on the blog page, they are not getting the confirmation email that asks them to confirm their subscription to the blog. That functionality has been broken for about a month.

The blog page affected is https://amrlibraries.com

• @amrlibraries, thanks. We were focused on the issue @resarfpoetry mentioned. We’ll do some digging.

• @amrlibraries I’ve just tested the Subscribe block on my own site and it’s worked; I got an email. So I went to check to see what was going on with your site, and noticed it isn’t hosted on our services.

If you’re using a subscribe widget from Jetpack, please be sure you’re using an updated (block-based) version, then contact their support directly if you need more help, either by their forums or through paid support. You may also need to check in with your hosting company.

Going forward, for support with your WordPress installation, you’ll want to be sure to use the forums for the free, DIY WordPress code instead, as these forums are primarily for our free-tier hosting.

Here’s an overview of our services vs the DIY software, but in short, we provide hosting, maintenance, security, support, and spam filtering, as well as real-time backups depending on the plan you use. If you’re interested in moving your site here, let us know your goals with your site and any questions you have. We can confirm the best plan for your case and recommend your next steps.

Cheers!

• The topic ‘emails’ is closed to new replies.