email FW option not showing

• Hi,

How can I get the Email Forwardsing option to show on the wordpress.com dashboard in Upgrades> Email ?

I checked and Name servers are set as managed by wordpress.com. I also removed 5 A records which were alt1.aspmx.l.google.com hoping it will permit FW on WP

However, I still do not see an option to add email forwarding to an existing email acc on the shanibit.com domain.

I suspect it is because there is Gsuite on this account? And that means no email FW can be implemented on the wordpress.com dashboard? Do I need to add the google A records again?

How can I FW this domain only email address to a gmail email acc?

Thank you

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi! It looks like you do indeed have an active Google Workspace subscription for shanibit.com which means that the ’email forwarding’ option (which is free and doesn’t create a “true” mailbox) is not available.

Would you be able to let us know more about what sort of forwarding you would want to set up – for example, from what address, and to what address?

That way we can help you achieve this, once we know more about what you want to do!

• thanks

the fw should be from (email visible only to moderators and staff) to (email visible only to moderators and staff). and if I wish to not use G workspace any longer, would that bring the email forwarding option back on the wp admin?

• Hi there

Yes that is correct. To clarify, because of the way our forwarding is set up, it only works if a 3rd party email client (like Google Workspace, Outlook 365, etc) is not connected. As soon as you connect another email provider, our forwarding does not operate. In that case you would want to set up your forwarding inside of Google Workspace instead, for example: https://knowledge.workspace.google.com/kb/how-to-forward-emails-in-the-admin-console-000005542

If you were to disconnect/discontinue Google Workspace, that would restore our built in forwarding interface and functionality.

Hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any more questions.

• I am logged into the Google workspace administrator account but I cannot find anywhere on that page Apps Google Workspace > Gmail in order to apply email forwarding from wordpress.com.com

• I did however find an option in the relevant gmail acc to check emails from other accounts, so to add the (email visible only to moderators and staff) account I am asked for the password of that account. is it the same as the wp login? otherwise where can I reset that pop3 acc password for shanibit.com doamin?

thanks

• We are not expert in Google Workspace support (we typically refer you to their support for issues with the Google interface) so I don’t have a specific answer here. It would not be your WordPress.com login since we would not be involved in the process of forwarding the email in this instance.

Maybe it will help if I can better understand what you are setting up. You have mentioned “gmail” a few times and that has me a bit confused. To clarify, you have email in your Google Workspace account that you want to forward to a personal Gmail account? Or do you mean you want to forward messages from your Gmail account to your Google Workspace account. Do you want to have all emails forwarded or only if it’s from a specific sender or meets a specific set of conditions?

Generally the easiest way to create filters and labels for similar emails based on an existing email. This will work for existing emails and you will also be able to skip your inbox automatically for future emails. Google shows how it’s done here, and the process is the same for both Gmail and Google Workspace: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6579?sjid=13584170019950569266-NA

• Thanks

We have a domain registered with wp.com. shanibit.com

this domain has a single mailbox (email visible only to moderators and staff)

however there is no way of getting to the messages in the box. So far after logging into google workspace admin console I can see an option to check emails from other accounts, so to add the (email visible only to moderators and staff) account so gmail checks it, I am asked for the password of that account. ALl the passwords I n=know of are not accepted. is the pop3 acc password the same as the wp login? otherwise where can I reset that pop3 acc password for shanibit.com domain?

• alternatively, where do I manage the user credentials for that single mailbox that is on the shanibit domain registered with wordpress.com?

How do I change the password for that email account?

• Thanks for clarifying.

So far after logging into google workspace admin console I can see an option to check emails from other accounts

To clarify, you are logging in here to access that, yes? Or are you accessing via a different URL? https://admin.google.com/

so to add the (email visible only to moderators and staff) account so gmail checks it, I am asked for the password of that account

Gmail is not the same as Google Workspace, so you do not typically typically access your Google Workspace emails from within Gmail, but via a separate login. We sent you a temporary password to log in to your Google Workspace account when you first set it up but it sounds like you may have missed that.

I have just now sent you an email with a temporary password and instructions to access the Google Workspace admin dashboard for shanibit.com

Hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any more questions.

• Thank you

I received the emails but still getting wrong password even with the temp pass. is the temp pass expired? if so could you please send another one + URl for the login page. as user name I should be using (email visible only to moderators and staff) , shanibit or a different email address?

• The temporary password doesn’t typically expire! And yes, you should indeed be using your shanibit.com email address to log in with.

I’ve sent another password reset email to you; in case of need Google also have a guide to help you sign into your admin console:
    https://support.google.com/a/answer/182076?hl=en&sjid=12536336416539209771-EU

• Managed to log into Workspace admin.

I’m now trying to add the shanibit.com email address to the gmail account used under the workspace acc so that email address can be used as an optional From address. In Gmail>Settings>Accounts>Send mail as:>Add another email address

the add address form is asking for SMPT, user name and password

What is the SMPT for the shanibit.com email address?

User name is the shanibit.com email address?

Password is the workspace password? The wordpress.com password?

Thanks

• Hey there,

Happy to help you with this.

What is the SMPT for the shanibit.com email address?

These can be found here: https://wordpress.com/support/firewall-rules/

User name is the shanibit.com email address?

Password is the workspace password? The wordpress.com password?

I do believe these would be your Google Workspace credentials, as the emails would be sent from their servers.

Should these not work, these would be the WordPress.com credentials.

I hope this helps!

• The topic ‘email FW option not showing’ is closed to new replies.