Email address refuses to change.

• I want the email for notifications to be (email visible only to moderators and staff). Whenever I try to change it I get the notice – ERROR: That e-mail address is already being used. – Of course it is already used, It’s my email address. The one WP refuses to change is (email visible only to moderators and staff). – Since I no longer have that website that address is obviously no good. I want the email address for notifications on personal settings and public profile use to be the same i.e. (email visible only to moderators and staff) on both blog sites; papermudandme.wordpress.com, and writingiam.wordpress.com.
    How can we fix that?
    Thank you.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi, there. All of the e-mail addresses you gave were redacted from your post, so I don’t think I’m getting the whole picture. You have two WordPress.com sites: “papermundane” and “writingiam.” Do you have separate WordPress.com accounts for each site? (That is, do you use different user names and passwords to log in to each one?) Or are both sites under the same account?

Cheers,
    -Brian

• Aloha Brian,

Both are under the same user name and password.

Please is there a happiness engineer that is willing to help me? –

Things are still not right with both my WP blog sites; papermudandme.wordpress.com and writingami.wordpress.com.
    WP is using an identity and notification address that is no long valid. The website paulsbooks.net is no more, kaput, finished, not there etc. consequently the email address (email visible only to moderators and staff) is no longer viable.

My email address now is – (email visible only to moderators and staff). Whenever I go to “settings” to change my email address to that in settings I get the notification – ERROR: That e-mail address is already being used. – I assume it is in use because it’s my email address. The one WP refuses to change is (email visible only to moderators and staff). – Since I no longer have that website that address is obviously no good.

Yesterday I deleted a blog site – howlingmouse.wordpress.com and got the notification –

Delete Site – Thank you. Please check your email for a link to confirm your action. Your site will not be deleted until this link is clicked.
    Since the email address WP has for me is wrong; I cannot click to confirm the actions.

This morning I got the following notification from WP. – We noticed that you still need to verify your email address. ICANN requires that we temporarily put your website on hold if you fail to verify your address.* Please take care of it right away to avoid disruption of services.

Since it was sent to (email visible only to moderators and staff) – I assume that WP is now using it for notifications etc.etc., but when I go to my two WP blog sites they are still show the old, no good email address of (email visible only to moderators and staff).

Please will some happiness engineers me this old man happy. Either corrected and error or send me instructions via email at (email visible only to moderators and staff) on how to do it.
    Please, please help! I’m missing all your notifications and reader comments.
    Thanks.

• The topic ‘Email address refuses to change.’ is closed to new replies.