Editing problems

• I have been using WordPress.com on several sites for many years, but currently I am finding quite a few problems I’ve never had before editing pages and posts:

1. I have previously reported small text on the edit screen. (But it is the correct size when the page is viewed.) The problem persists 2 months after I first reported it.
    2. Also when editing a list, the bullets or numbers don’t appear, though they also do appear when the page is viewed.
    3. I’m sometimes having problems placing my cursor where I want it in the text, and sometimes have to refresh the page to do it. I think this may be a problem with my operating system (I have just upgraded to MacOS 13.3.1 Sonoma, and it has some bugs) but I mention it here just in case.
    4. Most recently, I cannot see a preview while editing. Currently if I select Preview I get a blank screen with the message “Empty template: Single item: Post”. A few days ago I was getting the “Sorry! That page can’t be found” error page. It makes it impossible at present to preview the page accurately.

I can see several possible sources of these problems, which are all relatively recent.

• At least one could be MacOS.
    • I don’t think browser because I’ve tried both Safari and Chrome.
    • I’m using the Site Editor so maybe something there.
    • Not a plugin problem, because I haven’t installed any.
    • Perhaps some bug in the Wodpress core.

I’m not complaining – I have loved using WordPress .com (both free and paid plan) and self hosted for many years on different sites – but I hope this list can help you sort out any problems at your end or advise of any possible problems at my end.

Thanks.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• I’m really hoping there is an answer to this, especially the last problem, because it is making it very hard to edit a post. Thanks for any advice.

• I don’t know if anyone will read this, but I have resolved the Preview problem, but there is still a mystery.

I am in the process of creating some extra templates and I ended up with two Post templates, named Single Posts and Single item: Post. The former was set on all my posts and had content, the second was NOT set and had no content. Yet for some reason this was what WordPress was trying to load, I don’t know why. So when I copied the content of the Single Posts template into the blank template, all is OK with the preview. But I am still mystified why WordPress tried to load the wrong template.

The other editing problems remain.

• Please ignore this topic. I’m sorry to have wasted space. I have resolved the main problem and the others have been reported previously.

• The topic ‘Editing problems’ is closed to new replies.