editing code

• how do i manually edit my blog page. i don’t want to use a template

• What do you mean by “blog page?”
    If you are referring to the design it is not possible to edit or change your theme selection.

• How do I enter an email subscription feed in the blog? Essentially, I want to be able to manually edit template code to insert an email subscription field. Thanks.

• Well that’s a little clearer. No is your answer, there is no way, at present, to alter or modify any template code.

There are email subscription plugins available for WP.

I suggest you send via your “feedback” option in your dashboard what you desire and it will be assessed by those in charge.

Keep in mind suggestions sent are judged on how many people request a certain feature and not just yours. As more people request a certain plugin (when and if they ever become avail) or theme the chances of it being included go up.

• If you pay and host your site, then you can modify anything.

• lexsisney, please open a new thread if you have a question that doesn’t pretain to the question the thread is about.

lightning, we all share the same code base here. We are unable to make any changes to individual blogs as any change you make would affect all the blogs on the server. As nosysnoop mentions, you’ll probably be better off with having your blog hosted at a paid hosting site so you can have your own non-shared install and be able to make the changes that you need.

lexsisney, you may want to create a page within your blog with a mailto: link within it and create a mailing list with a third party provider. I seriously doubt that WP.com is going to set up mailing lists here as 1) That’s not what they do here and 2) it’s too easy to get abused by spammers.

-drmike

• The topic ‘editing code’ is closed to new replies.