Edit Page not working

• Hi,

When i try to click ‘Edit’ next to a page on my All pages list it tried to load and then gives this error…

This page isn’t workingthewitheringeffect.wordpress.com is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500

I have tried clearing cookies and using a different browser, still getting the same issue. Can you help?

Thanks, Carl

WP.com: Yes
    Jetpack: No
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi Carl,

The HTTP ERROR 500 indicates there might be an issue with your website’s server. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve this:

Deactivate Plugins: Sometimes a plugin can cause conflicts. Try deactivating all your plugins and see if you can edit the page. If you can, reactivate the plugins one by one to identify the culprit.

Go to Plugins > Installed Plugins.

Select all plugins and choose Deactivate from the Bulk Actions dropdown menu.
      Try editing your page again.

Switch to a Default Theme: There could be an issue with your current theme. Switch to a default WordPress theme like Twenty Twenty-One and see if the issue persists.

Go to Appearance > Themes.

Activate a default theme.

If none of these steps work, I will tag a staff member so you can get a quick solution.

Best regards,

1. Hi Carl,

There is currently a bug with the Spearhead (Classic) theme which is causing this issue. We have notified our developers, and they are looking into it.

As a workaround, we recommend activating the Spearhead block theme here: https://wordpress.com/theme/spearhead-blocks/, which is a block version of the same theme. This will allow you to continue editing pages and posts in the meantime.

Once this issue has been resolved, we will let you know. Thanks for your patience, and apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.

2. Hi Carl,

Our developers have deployed a fix for this issue, and you should now be able to edit pages and posts again.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience!

3. All working again @rwye1 :)

My thanks to you and the developers for the quick fix.

4. You’re most welcome! If you need anything else, please feel free to reach us anytime. :)

Reply to Edit Page not working