Edge Browser defaulting to mobile view?

• I recently switched to using the Edge browser. Just now I was looking at my website and realised the layout had all changed – it looks like a mobile layout, with no side panels, just everything in a vertical line. I spent ages fiddling with it, then checked it in Chrome and Firefox and found that it’s fine there – the side panel is where it should be, on the right, widgets and all.

It looks to me as if it’s defaulting to mobile when I’m actually on a Win 10 laptop.

Has anyone else had this and found a way to fix it?

thanks
    Sue

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi Sue,

Can you check the version number of Edge for me? You can use https://supportdetails.com/ to check that.

I checked your site in Edge on both Windows 10 and MacOS, and your site looks normal to me.

Please take a screen shot of what you see:

Take a Screenshot

You can then upload that directly to the media library at My Site ->Site ->Media, and we’ll be able to see it there.

• Thanks, sorry for the delay in replying. The problem is still there and I will do this today.

• Hi again

When I used the link you supplied to check my Edge v number, it told me I was using Chrome 85.0.4183.83, which I was not! However, I found out that the Edge Version is 85.0.564.44 (Official build) (64-bit)

Re browser screen grabs, I have uploaded 3 to my media library – Edge, Chrome and Firefox.

I hope you can solve this mystery for me!

many thanks
    Sue

• You have a fully responsive theme, so it will; trigger the mobile view based on screen size.

Do you have Edge’s browser window just as wide as the other two browsers?

• yes the Edge browser window is exactly the same size – full screen – as far as I can see. So, I’m guessing this isn’t a problem you’ve come across much before? It’s very disorientating – how can I ever be certain that others can see the site as I have designed it? Maybe I should speak to the template designers.

thanks for checking it out anyway.

sue

• Yes, I’m not seeing that myself. Edge also uses Chromium for its rendering engine, so it should match Chrome.

First, please make sure that your browser is up to date: https://browsehappy.com/

If it is not, please try updating your browser or switching to a different browser.

If it is, please do these two things:

1. Try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies.

2. Try with all browser extensions or add-ons temporarily disabled.

Please let us know how each step goes for you, and which browser (and version of) you’re using if you’re still having trouble.

• The topic ‘Edge Browser defaulting to mobile view?’ is closed to new replies.