Domain transfer denied

• Hello, I am attempting to transfer a domain of mine from WordPress/Wild West Domains to Cloudflare, but my request was denied.

I received two automated emails from WordPress, the other one stating that the transfer was denied because “the domain(s) currently has Private Registration”, the other that the reason for denial was an “Express written objection to the transfer from the Transfer Contact. (e.g. – email, fax, paper document or other processes by which the Transfer Contact has expressly and voluntarily objected through opt-in means)”.

I saw a suggestion somewhere that this might have been because I had privacy protection still enabled, but trying to disable it in WordPress only results in an “Unable to update privacy protection for your domain” error message. What gives?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

I’m happy to inform you that I’ve disabled the private registration for your domain. As part of this process, you should have received an email to verify this action. Please check your inbox, including any spam or junk folders, for this email. It’s vital that you click on the verification link within that email, as this will confirm the changes and fully disable the private registration for joonasbrusila.com.

Once this is done, you should be able to proceed with the transfer of your domain without any hiccups.

However, if you still encounter any issues with the transfer or if you haven’t received the verification email, please let me know.

• The transfer seems to be going through now. Thank you very much for your help.

• I can confirm that the transfer has started, and the domain will be transferred within five days.

Let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

• The topic ‘Domain transfer denied’ is closed to new replies.