Domain Name

• Good Day, Please help!!
    I accidently purchased a misspelled domain name. It has a m instead of an n.
    1) Is there anyway I could change that without having to buy a new domain?
    2) If i have to buy a new domain name will it change the creator plan package I’ve already paid for?
    3)Can I buy a domain alone and just add it to my existing package?

WP.com: Yes
    Jetpack: Yes
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to moderators and staff)

• Hi there!

A domain can’t be changed once registered. However, if the domain is within the 96-hour refund period, you can cancel the domain to get a refund and register the correct domain again.

This will not affect the WordPress.com Creator plan or the site because you can just register the domain to the existing site. Here are the instructions for registering a new domain:

WP
    Domains » Register a New Domain
    4 min read
    On WordPress.com, you can register a domain (for example, yourgroovydomain.com) to use instead of your site’s default address (such as yourgroovysite.wordpress.com). This guide will show you how to register a new domain on WordPress.com. Search for a domain now View domain pricing How to Register a New Domain To register a new domain, follow these steps: If you don’t already ha

After you’ve registered the new domain, you will want to follow the steps below to set it as the primary address:

WP
    Domains » Set a Primary Address
    3 min read
    Your primary site address is the domain that people will see in their browser’s address bar when visiting your site. It is the address you use to promote your website. Requirements To use a domain as your site’s primary address, you will need: A domain registered or connected to WordPress.com. Any paid WordPress.com plan. With a paid WordPress.com plan, you can set a custom do

Hope that helps! Feel free to let us know if you have more questions.

• The topic ‘Domain Name’ is closed to new replies.