Domain Mapped: Too many redirects

• I have added a mapped domain to my WordPress blog and correctly changed the NameServers with my registrar. When I check DNS settings through some DNS lookup service websites it seems to correctly point to the WordPress NS (1,2 & 3).

But almost 48 hours later the domain still doesn’t load the blog and exits with a “too many redirects error”.

I have cleared / disabled cache, flushed DNS etc, but it still doesn’t seem to work. Should I have more patience and wait a little longer or is something wrong? I also tried switching back to the default blog adres “blogname.wordpress.com” (this works) and then back to the primary mapped domain, resulting in the same error. I don’t know why it’s looping.

Email is handled by the registrar, since I payed for hosting. This seems to be correctly setup as well through WordPress.

Thanks in advance.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• I tagged this thread for Staff assistance. Please subscribe to it so you are notified when they respond. To subscribe:
    1. Look in the sidebar of this thread and find the subscribe to topics link.
    2. Look below the comment box:
    _ Notify me of followup posts via e-mail

• Hi there,

I just checked your domain at it’s loading correctly for me here: http://happykidscare.nl/

Are you still having trouble with that redirect error? It may have just needed a bit longer to fully propagate the domain change you made, but if you’re still having trouble please let me know.

• It’s fixed indeed. I think we didn’t have enough patience, or it just took too long. Normally DNS changes are way faster handled :)

Thanks for the reply.

• The topic ‘Domain Mapped: Too many redirects’ is closed to new replies.