Domain expired, need to renew to get email account back

• Hi,

My domain – inthedrops.net – expired last week and I need to renew/recover it in order to restart my email account.

I have contacted the domain registrar – wildwestdomains.com – to try and do it but they were unable to send me some code via phone or email in order to do that.

Desperately need to renew this because all of my emails come to an address at this domain and countless accounts are set up with this domain and I can’t access them any more.

WP.com: Unknown
    Jetpack: Unknown
    Correct account: Unknown

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• To be clear, wildwestdomains tried to send a verification code to my phone number and email address but I haven’t received that on any of my possible emails or my current phone number.

When I search for my domain under Upgrades > Domains I get the message: “This domain expired recently. To get it back please contact support.”

• Hi there,

From what I can see you last renewed inthedrops.net on 07-21-2020, which you can confirm here: https://wordpress.com/me/purchases/billing/

However I do not see a renewal in 2021, and can confirm that inthedrops.net has expired due as there was no payment by the renewal date. The good news is that we may be able to recover your domain, but there will be a late renewal fee to do so.

Before we can send an invoice, can you please update your email address here? https://wordpress.com/me/account/

We need a valid email address to be able to send a payment link, and currently all @inthedrops.net email addresses are non-functional due to the domain expiry.

We do not know when you have updated your email, so please be sure to return to this thread and let us know so that we are able to send the invoice to recover your domain. Thanks!

• Hi,

Thanks! I have now updated the email address there to my work email and confirmed that via email link.

• I have sent a payment request for the total of $98 to the email address on your account.

Once the payment is sent, please reply here to let us know, and we will send a note to our domain partner regarding inthedrops.net.

This process only takes about 2-3 days start to finish.

• Thanks. Have sent the payment. Cheers!

• Hi there!

Thanks! We’ve received the payment and started the recovery process for your domain. It may take a couple of days so we’ll let you know here as soon as the domain has been reactivated.

Regards

• Hi there!

I wanted to let you know that your domain has been redeemed and restored to your account. Please let us. know if you have any further questions!

• The topic ‘Domain expired, need to renew to get email account back’ is closed to new replies.