Domain Error

• I noticed this morning that my domain was no longer active although it renewed October 4th. In a panic, I renewed it again. However, my site is still not active. So now I’ve paid twice. Can I receive a refund for the 2nd renewal and why is my domain not live? Is anyone else having this trouble?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Seriously, is there anyone that is going to be able to find a resolution to my issue. I’ve paid for the same domain twice. Yet, my domain and site are still inactive. My domain auto-renewed back on October 4th, so it is not a case of the domain expiring. And then I paid again thinking I had let it lapse, but I did not. Some sort of an update other than our Happiness Engineer will respond would be appreciated because as far as I know it’s been down all day.

• I don’t think it’s asking too much for an update or at least some information regarding the status of one’s website. I’ve been asking all day and no answer as to why my domain inexplicably dropped even though it is paid through 2025. Very frustrating and disappointed with the support.

• Hey @76classic, thanks for your patience here. I’ve merged your threads together.

I see the domain is suspended because the registrar tried to verify contact info and there was no response. Can you look for that email verifying WHOIS contact info? You should only have to click a link. I’m requesting a resend of that email for you now, and you’ll want to check the email address listed here:

https://wordpress.com/domains/manage/gentlemenstandard.com/edit-contact-info/gentlemenstandard.com

Once you’ve done that, the domain should start working again shortly.

• Thank you. I clicked the link and verified my email address. I was hesitant to do so because generally the domain auto-renews without any intervention on my part – such as verifying my email address. I believe I’ve done everything, so I hope my site will be up soon. Thank you for responding.

• Thanks @76classic — yeah, you’ll need to verify WHOIS data now and then, though it’s totally to question it if you’re worried. Just ask if you need help with that again, and we can check. And it’s working for me again. Let us know if you need more help!

• The topic ‘Domain Error’ is closed to new replies.