DNS code length

• Hi guys!

I’d love to verify my Google Apps email with your services, but you presently don’t allow DNS code as long as the one Google requires for me to place there…

Is this something you’re aware of and planning to address?

Would it be too complicated?
    What should we be expecting?

Cheers!
    Hoping for good news:
    Tiago

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi!

Thanks for your swift reply but that’s not what I mean.
    I already have my Google Apps email mapped to my blog.

What I want to do is to setup email authentication with DKIM,

Google generates a code to update our DNS records but, on wordpress side, it’s a too long of a code for it to be handled…

It’s a frustrating problem, as it seems such a basic thing, and it’s an old problem that probably could have been fixed already…

Cheers!!

• I must admit I haven’t set it up myself but DKIM does require long TXT records, but my understanding is that DKIM is compatible with the RFC 1034 DNS specification.

If you are saying that WordPress’s DNS does not allow sufficiently long records than I would see that as a bug, they are not conforming to specification.

• I’m afraid so, yes…
    That’s why I’m trying to see if someone from wordpress can tell me if they are aware of it and if a fix is expectable.

• I’m watching this for the answer too!

• At this time, we have a 192-character limit for DNS entries which means we can’t support DKIM at this time.

We are looking into adding the functionality in the future, but at this time there is no set date when this will be added.

I hope that clarifies things!

• Hi, Csonnek:

Thanks for your attention and swift reply!
    What a shame: it’s such a simple thing -at least apparently- and could represent such added value to your customers…

Hope to see it implemented sooner that later :)
    Cheers

• The topic ‘DNS code length’ is closed to new replies.