Display Posts Shortcode Formatting

• Hi everyone,

I am currently re-designing my school’s travel blog, and was wondering if there is a way to format the Display Posts Shortcode for our past bloggers’ posts.

Here is what it currently looks like: https://imgur.com/glJYdB0. I would like to re-format it to be more similar in appearance to how they looked with the Latest Posts Widget: https://imgur.com/Q7ZMHJx.

Specifically, I would like to be able to have the post titles, dates, and excerpts on separate lines. And (if possible), I would like to have the post title be in a larger text size than the other information.

Any tips or advice would greatly appreciated!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hey there, great job with the site!

Shortcodes are pretty limited. You can style them up with a little CSS if needed, but we’ve actually got much better options now.

Have you checked out the Latest Posts Block or the even more powerful Query Loop Block? Either one should let you get a lot closer to the image you’ve shared. The Latest Posts is simple, and Query Loop Block is more complex but incredibly flexible. Want to give them a go? We have some articles here:

WP
    Blocks » Latest Posts Block
    2 min read
    The Latest Posts block displays your most recent posts, making it easy for your readers to see what’s new on your blog. Here’s what the block looks like in the editor Add a Latest Posts BlockBlock ToolbarBlock Settings Post Content Settings Featured Image SettingsSorting and FilteringAdvanced Add a Latest Posts Block The Latest Posts block can be added to a page by clicking on the
    WP
    Theme Blocks » Query Loop Block
    9 min read
    The Query Loop block allows you to display posts based on parameters you specify. This block is similar to the Blog Posts Block, but with greater complexity and flexibility, allowing you to create things like a portfolio of projects or a page full of your favorite recipe posts. Add the Query Loop Block To add the Query Loop block, click on the + Block Inserter icon and search for “query”.
  • The topic ‘Display Posts Shortcode Formatting’ is closed to new replies.