Disable captions from appearing in (Tiled) Gallery div

• I tried the code from the link below (appending tiled in front as well):

https://premium-themes.forums.wordpress.com/topic/display-no-captions-on-the-gallery-page?replies=8

Here’s the code:

.tiled-gallery-caption {
    display: none; !important;
    width: 0px; !important;
    }

But it doesn’t stop the captions from popping up from the bottom of the image.

I opened the inspector and saw it’s not overriding the CSS, anyone know how to change that?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there, I visited your Robert Hooke’s Micrographia, 1635-1703 post, and also looked and see that you have remove the captions from the images in the gallery in that post. If you wish to add one back into one of those images, I would be more than happy to help make that go away for you.

The thread you referenced is for a different theme, and in general, CSS is theme specific, so the solution for one will not necessarily be the solution for another.

• Thank you, I’ll reach out if I need help with that.

I found out why the code didn’t work, I put the semicolon in between ‘attribute-value’ and ‘!important’, instead of at the end the whole line.

Corrected code:

.tiled-gallery-caption {
    display: none !important;
    }

• Ah, that has happened to me too! Glad you got it sorted out. Let us know if you have additional questions or problems.

• The topic ‘Disable captions from appearing in (Tiled) Gallery div’ is closed to new replies.