Difficulty changing table figcaption font size

• Hello I’m trying to make the font size on this table (and all others) 12px. I’m unfamiliar with html and CSS so have just been googling how to do anything when it’s not obvious (which is a lot). I’ve failed to find a solution for this that works so I’m asking here.

This is the table. The caption font is currently the same size as the default font size that the paragraph below the table uses.

Here is the universal additional CSS that has changed all my captions for images into 12px successfully.

This is the CSS specifically for table blocks but doesn’t seem to change anything. I added the !important; to see if it helped but that doesn’t change anything either.

I’m using the wordpress.com windows application. Any help would be really appreciated thank you :-)

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there! 👋🏼

Using CSS is possible starting with Explorer plan (including Creator and Entrepreneur).

Since your site is on the Starter plan (previously called Personal plan), you won’t be able to use custom CSS on your site, as outlined here:

WP
    Add Custom CSS
    6 min read
    While most changes can be made with settings in the WordPress editor, you may prefer to use CSS to customize your site if you have experience writing CSS code. This guide will show you how to edit your website with CSS. This feature is available on sites with our WordPress.com Explorer, Creator, and Entrepreneur plans. If your site has one of our legacy plans, it is available on the Pro plan.

If you prefer using CSS, you can either purchase the “Custom CSS” addon (£2/month, billed yearly) or upgrade to the Explorer plan (with the current upgrade credits available on your site, the upgrade cost would be £78 for the first year).

Have you tried modifying the text size in the table, though? Here’s how to do it:

(if you can’t see the screenshot, click here)

You can try modifying the Typography (font size).

WP
    Typography Settings
    3 min read
    Most text blocks in the WordPress editor contain typography settings to control the text’s appearance in your content. This guide will show you how to use these typography settings. Access the Typography Settings Typography settings are available for: Styles – change the appearance of all the text throughout your site at once. Blocks – change the appearance of the text used in spe

Please let us know if you have any further questions! We’re more than happy to help.

• The topic ‘Difficulty changing table figcaption font size’ is closed to new replies.