Cutting and pasting from Word documents doesn’t work properly anymore

• Now when you cut-and-paste from Word documents, you see the following embedded in the post:

<!–[if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 <![endif]–> <!–[endif]–>

• Using Word 2003 and Firefox 3, and clicking on the “W” paste from Word button.

<!--[if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 <![endif]--><!-- --><!--[if gte mso 10]> <! /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} --> <!--[endif]-->

• Interesting. I’ve heard of others having problems with the paste from word button, but figured it was a random thing.

• I just did a paste from word in my test blog (Office 2004 Mac) using Safari 3, and had no problems (except for the fact that it put two returns between each paragraph). I also did a test from FF 3 (mac) and again it cleared all the Word stuff out and left clean text.

• Mine works just fine also….

• It is also working just fine with NeoOffice.

• The topic ‘Cutting and pasting from Word documents doesn’t work properly anymore’ is closed to new replies.