Custom Sidebars on the Gateway Theme

• Hello!

As someone who is not familiar with CSS, I was wondering if there was a way to add custom sidebars to different pages on the Gateway theme under wordpress premium. I would like to include a hyperlinked image on the sidebar of the home page, but do not want that image on the other pages. What code should I be putting in the customizer?

Thanks!

http://www.conklinscott.com

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there, Gateway has a three page templates. Home Page, Full-Width and Default. The Default page template shows a sidebar on the right. To make the sidebar appear on a page, open that page in the page editor and in the Page Attributes module at right, select Default Template and then update the page. The sidebar will now show on that page. If you set pages to the full-width template, the sidebar will not appear on those pages.

If you want different widgets to appear on different pages, or want to set a widget to only show on the home page, you can use the Widget Visibility feature to do that.

The blog (posts page), single post pages and archive type pages (author, date-based archives, category and tags pages all have a sidebar by default.

• The topic ‘Custom Sidebars on the Gateway Theme’ is closed to new replies.