CSS Genius', width, column, menu issues

• Hello my site is http://www.bishoysblog.com

I have a few questions you CSS genius’

1. How do i get rid of the right sided strip so i can see my website in full?
    2. How do i make my main column wider?
    3. When i go on the ipad all my menu becomes one, but on say the surface pro its fine

Any answers?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

1. How do i get rid of the right sided strip so i can see my website in full?
    2. How do i make my main column wider?

When you say right sided strip, are you talking about the white space to the right of your content? If so, you can widen the header and content area, which has a max width of 474px by using the following CSS.

.site-content .entry-header, .site-content .entry-content, .site-content .entry-summary, .site-content .entry-meta, .page-content {
        max-width: 674px;
    }

I notice that the images are aligned outside of the left boundary of the content area. If you wish to correct that, add the following CSS.

.full-width .site-content blockquote.alignleft, .full-width .site-content img.size-full.alignleft, .full-width .site-content img.size-large.alignleft, .full-width .site-content img.size-medium.alignleft, .full-width .site-content .wp-caption.alignleft {
        margin-left: 0;
    }

3. When i go on the ipad all my menu becomes one, but on say the surface pro its fine

The menu changes to a touch compatible menu display at 782px width. The standard dropdown menus don’t work well on normal touch devices, so it changes to a simplified menu without the dropdowns, accessed by touching the black square at the upper right by the search icon.

• Hi thanks for the above

In regards to point 1 – i have a cream coloured strip that appears to the right of the page – can i get rid of this?

in regards to the touch devices does that mean their is no way to fix it?

• Hi, I’m seeing a gray background color at left, right and to of your page around the white area for the content.

Could you take a screenshot of what you are talking about and upload it to your media library and then post a link to it here in the forum so we can take a look?

On the menu, at this time there is no way to have the normal menu work on touch devices.

• The topic ‘CSS Genius', width, column, menu issues’ is closed to new replies.