Creating New Pages

• Hi, I am trying to build my website. I have built the homepage, (it says blog homepage for some reason do I need to worry, I am not making a blog).

I am adding new pages and they are all using the “pages” template. So everything I change, changes for all of the pages. Do I have to create a separate template for each page, they will all have different patterns.

Also, how do I fix the header from the homepage to stay on the top of everypage?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there! 👋🏼

You seem to be using the Site Editor to build your content — I suggest using Pages → Add New to create the content instead.

So, in Site Editor (Appearance → Editor), you will want to create HOW your site will look like (e.g., modify Pages for the page template, Front Page for the homepage, etc.) and from the WordPress.com Editor (Pages → Add New), WHAT the site will show as content (e.g., Home, About, Gallery, Contact pages, etc.)

📖 You can learn more about the templates here:

WP
    Templates
    7 min read
    A template controls the layout of your pages. Not to be confused with Themes (that set the design of your entire site), the template affects the look and feel of an individual page (or post) or groups of pages (or posts.) This guide explains how to work with page templates. Introduction to Templates The template controls how the page is displayed. You can identify the template a page

📖 To find more on Site Editor, please refer to this:

WP
    Use the Site Editor
    3 min read
    Using the Site Editor, you can design everything on your site — from the header right down to the footer — using blocks. This guide will show you around the editor. Access the Site Editor To visit the Site Editor, follow these steps: Start from your site’s dashboard. Locate Appearance on the left side. Click on Editor. If you do not see Editor here, your theme does not supp

Please let us know if you have any further questions! We’re more than happy to help.

• The topic ‘Creating New Pages’ is closed to new replies.