Create a blog page on Sela Theme

• Hi, I am trying to create a page that will be the home for all of my blog posts but I don’t want it to be the main page. I have created a page for the blog, but I don’t know how to make sure the blog posts I create show up on that page?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,
    One of the first things you would need to do, is visit your site’s Customizer. From there choose the ‘Static Front Page’ option.
    Make sure you have selected:
    ‘Front Page displays > ‘Static front Page’, Below that, you will also be able to set which page will act as your ‘Blog Page. It would be ‘Posts page> ‘Blog’.

If you have not already done so, you would also need to assign your ‘Blog’ page to your Main Menu. So you would go to
    Appearance>Menus
    From there, ensure that your ‘Blog’ page appears within your ‘Main menu’ and it is in the order you like it to be. If it is not, just either drag it to the position you want it to be, or click on it and press the ‘Move up’ or ‘Move down’.
    You can also read through this helpful WordPress help page for setting Front page and Blog page too.
    Let us know if you have any further questions.

• The detailed theme description page is at https://wordpress.com/themes/sela/ where you can scroll down to locate
    Sela – Front Page
    Setting up your front page
    Set up a static front page with the Front Page Template.

• @wpndesign
    I had too many tabs open and failed to refresh. oops!

• @wpndesign
    Thanks. We are under a gale warning here. The second one is happening and the third is on the way so there could be power outages. Hence, I have way too many tabs open on different devices and a PC and I’m working like mad to get ahead of the storms as no power means no internet.

• @timethief
    I feel for you, we also go through gales at this part of the world. Having no power is not funny. Hope you came through ok..!

• The topic ‘Create a blog page on Sela Theme’ is closed to new replies.