Copying text before saving

• Sometimes, when you try to save your post, it might happen that it will not be successful.

You wrote THE SENTENCE or THE PARAGRAPH that will not come back to your editing screen – or in your mind…

There was a Timeout problem or any other issue… You just wonder if the inspiration will come back to write it again?

Do not lose a tear for that. You can now use a very simple and quick remedy, whenever you think of it.

Simply use CTRL A (issuing a Select All command.) & CTRL C (issuing a Copy command). Your MASTERPIECE is now in your clipboard. Voilà!

Then, if a failure occurs, you just paste in Word, Notepad or even at the end of your last saved post.

I just wanted to share. Remember, with the new WordPress multiplexed servers, it does not occur very often; the Murphy Law being the Murphy Law, two ounces of prevention is worth, as a best practice.

• Also remember that normally you’re going thru upwards of two dozen computers to reach a WP.com server. :)

• cyberz – thanks for sharing this tip. :D Of course, I knew how to use both functions for other purposes, but DUH! I never put two together and used them for the purpose you have described (Murphy’s Law protection). Your tip has now become one of the legion of little yellow sticky notes plastered all over my computer desk and threatenting to overflow onto the walls [hmmm I really ought to “do” something with them, she mused].

• Simply use CTRL A (issuing a Select All command.) & CTRL C (issuing a Copy command). Your MASTERPIECE is now in your clipboard. Voilà!

And for Opera users: make sure that when you try to press CTRL A you DO NOT hit CTRL Q. In Opera, this exits the browser…

• Everything I have I place it first on the notepad that came with my Windows XP. And I only delete it after it goes through on WordPress. I learned the hard way at Blogger to save everything before you click send. :(

• The topic ‘Copying text before saving’ is closed to new replies.