Connecting main site to wordpress as a subdomain

• Hi there – I’m trying to use my wordpress site as a content / subdomain of my main site (getreferred.co) which is built and hosted elsewhere. I want to use something like blog.getreferred.co or content.getreferred.co but when I try to add them in WordPress it says that CNAME already exists.

I’ve checked on my host domain and they do not exist, nor does it seem to work if I try to create them there.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

I see that the DNS for getreferred.co is managed at Amazon AWS. To clarify, you have already set up your subdomains on that end? What are the DNS settings for CNAME and/or A Record that Amazon is showing on their end?

WP
    Domains » Connect a Subdomain to WordPress.com
    3 min read
    You can create a subdomain of any domain you own. This guide will show you how to connect a subdomain to your site on WordPress.com. About Subdomains A subdomain has an extra piece of text before your main domain (called the root domain.) For example, if your root domain is yourgroovydomain.com, you can create subdomains such as blog.yourgroovydomain.com and shop.yourgroovydomain.com. Y

Thanks for the additional info!

• The topic ‘Connecting main site to wordpress as a subdomain’ is closed to new replies.