comments box

• Maybe I’m missing something, but when I log out of my account and view a post on my site, there is no option to leave a comment, even though I have commenting enabled in my settings. Help?

WP.com: Yes
    Jetpack: No
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Please disable the “Users must be registered and logged in to comment” option in Settings > Discussions > Comments. This will allow non-registered and non-logged-in users to submit comments.

Give it a try and let me know how that goes! 😄

• Hi @bshorey

For whatever reason, the theme Creatio that you are using on your above site doesn’t include the comment form block by default in the Single Post Template.

To add the comment form you’d need to edit the Single Post Template in the Site Editor. This guide explains more: https://wordpress.com/support/templates/edit-the-single-template/

Another option is to switch to a different theme that displays the comment form by default.

I’m also going to flag your thread for Staff attention as this issue (missing comment form) has come up a few times with this specific theme and has confused other site owners as well. The comment form visibility on a post or page is already baked in when allowing/disallowing comments in the Discussion Module.

Also, Staff, looking at the theme in the Theme Showcase, there’s an error on the video embedded there. “Video unavailable. This video has been removed by the uploader.” FYI

• Good catch @justjennifer.

I’m filing a request to have a comments area added to the theme. In the meantime, @bshorey, if you’d like to add that manually, you can. Here’s how:

WP
    Blocks (The Full List) » Comments Block
    3 min read
    Use the Comments block to display a comments section on your site, encouraging discussions and feedback from your readers. This guide will show you how to use this block when creating your website. Add the Comments Block The Comments block should already exist in your template. You may wish to add the block if creating your own template or if you accidentally removed the block from a templ

You’ll want to add a comment form as well, or if you’d rather wait it out, we can update you here when that’s fixed. Thanks!

• The topic ‘comments box’ is closed to new replies.