Changing a theme… and then changing back again

• Hi,

I’m currently running a free theme – I’m not very good with themes but have managed getting it looking they way I like with the pages set up nicely, grids, widgets and whatnot. But now I’m thinking I may have picked a theme that’s too conservative and doesn’t fit my brand. I’m thinking of changing it but am worried that if I want to go back to how it is now all my theme customisation will be lost. Can anyone please advise?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• If you want to explore themes and try them out on your site without losing the existing customization, you can make use of the ‘Preview Themes’ feature. This will give you a live preview of the theme with your content. You can go ahead and activate the theme only if you like it on your site.
    For more details, please refer to ‘Preview Themes’ in the support document https://en.support.wordpress.com/themes/

• Here are some things to watch out for when switching themes:

Themes

If you’re concerned about a specific customization not covered above, just let me know.

• Thank you so much to you both – I think I’ll brave it and hope for the best. Really appreciate you taking the time to respond.

• My pleasure! Let us know if you need help resetting anything after your theme switch.

• The topic ‘Changing a theme… and then changing back again’ is closed to new replies.