Change domain from name.wpcomstaging.com to already existing one

• Hi, I have an issue. I used WordPress.org before, but WordPress.com for the first time, and I can’t find info. If I will upgrade to business plan, build a website with different plugins, can I then map my existing domain (bought elsewhere) to replace the one with wpcomstaging.com?

WP.com: Yes
    Jetpack: No
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to moderators and staff)

• Hi there,

Yes you can do exactly that. If you have an existing domain you can leave it with the current provider and “connect” it to your site so you can use it as a custom address. Also if you purchase the yearly (not monthly) version of the plan it includes a free domain transfer plus a free year of registration once the transfer is complete. Also the yearly version of the plan comes with 24/7 live chat support, which is a great perk since you are sure to have questions as you start out.

Regarding the staging address, if you have an existing site with another provider, you can fully set up your new site with us before pointing the domain here. That way your current site can stay “live” until your new one is ready.

When you are ready to “launch” the new site to replace the current one (the last step, essentially) that is when you will want to “connect” or transfer your domain to us.

We’re happy to walk you through connecting your domain when you are ready to do that.

Hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any more questions.

• The topic ‘Change domain from name.wpcomstaging.com to already existing one’ is closed to new replies.