Cannot get IP addresses from visitors or use google analytics.

• It’s impossible to have IP addresses from visitors or use google analytics.
    Security is not important for wordpress.
    I’ll stay where I’m.

• Thanks for sharing. What do you mean by “Security?” Having the IP addresses of the people who read your blog doesn’t give you more security, it just gives them less privacy.

• “Security is not important for wordpress.”

It’s #1.
    There is no way we would jeopardise any blog here so please do not make things up to try and make a point about something else.

• You cannot imagine the threats we receive when we’re dealing with the subject I’m dealing.
    Even death threats.
    But it’s ok. If you cannot give bloggers security I rather stay where I have.

• Please. EVERYONE gets death threats. You’re nobody on the internet until somebody has threatened to kill you. I’ve already had several stalkers. Knowing their IP addresses wouldn’t have changed a thing.

• I can see your blogs and see the one with what I think is the subject.
    Given that spoofing every detail (IP, browser) if they wanted there is nothing to gain for what you want by having IP addresses. My IP address is static and I am perfectly able to spoof it to make it appear I am anywhere in the world.

IP addresses / analytics offer NO additional security at all.

• I’m not the only one who have the same complaim about lack of security:
    https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic.php?id=22600&replies=6

She is reporting the same concern.

No raincoaster,
    You don’t know what I’m talking about.

Well, we have exchanged data from visitors and it’s possible to have some conclusions.
    Don’t bother.
    I’ll delete the Blog.

• It’s hard to tell what you are talking about, that’s true. But I certainly do know what I’m talking about when it comes to personal security and the internet. I get paid to know what I’m talking about when it comes to that.

• Oh god.
    Posts like this demonstrates a need for attention more than an interest in solving a problem or sharing useful information. I bet we’re all supposed to rush to the blogs in question to figure out the drama. IP addresses is not what it used to be.

• boblets,
    Ad hominem aggression always display lack of accountability and seriousness.
    You have no idea who am I to claim such a thing.
    Now I’m sure that I made the right choice deleting the blog. If this is the way you treat people who comes here in search for help – I have seem in other questions people being treated as if they were stupid and you know it all – I can assume that WordPress is not that serious as I thought.
    The “drama” you create by the way you answer people with aggression and I could copy and paste many of yours disrespects to bloggers.
    Good Bye.

• Hi Raincoaster!

OMG!!! Stalkers?!
    Not a problem. Do you know, Scope offers 24hrs bodyguard service for ladies worth stalking. ;)

Talk about death threats, I also got many in the past… hilariously because by having my blog I ‘steal’ people’s galfriends… :D See? This nosense also got. And what did I do?

I snared back. Then a celebrity told me: Take it easy.

I was. I snared back for fun. Lol~

There are always weirdos around. If you do sales, you’d meet even crazy people. It’s more dangerous. But how many sales people got killed?

Scope.

• The topic ‘Cannot get IP addresses from visitors or use google analytics.’ is closed to new replies.