Cancelled Account–how do I get my domain back?

• I cancelled my WordPress blog with the intention to use my domain name (juliannebigler.com) on my new blog. (I decided to forego transferring my domain since I found the process too confusing.) However, my new Squarespace blog still lists juliannebigler.com as ‘taken’. Clearly I can still login to WordPress, but my site no longer exists. How do I claim my domain again?

• Hi @juliannebigler,

It can be difficult to get a domain back after you have cancelled. You should only cancel a domain if you are sure you no longer want it and are okay with the potential of someone else registering and using it.

I’ve gone ahead and tagged this thread for Staff assistance in trying to recover your cancelled domain. Thanks for your patience while they get back to you.

Best,
    Sunil Chauhan

• Hi there,

As @mrsnlchauhan already mentioned it can be difficult to get a domain back after canceling it. Right now your domain is in redemption and I might be able to get it back for you.

Normally, that requires you to pay for an additional $80 redemption fee. I’m able to help offset the cost of getting your domain back online by waiving the $80 redemption fee as a one-time courtesy.

I have already started the recovery process and I’ll let you know as soon as your domain is restored.

• Hi there,

Your domain has been restored and you can now manage it via your WordPress.com dashboard.

Let us know if there’s anything else we can do for you.

• The topic ‘Cancelled Account–how do I get my domain back?’ is closed to new replies.