Can you remove portfolio folder

• Hello,

Is there a way of removing the portfolio folder? I already have a portfolio page on my site ((email visible only to moderators and staff)) except now that is coming up as portfolio-2 on the URL.

I can’t change this for the life of me.

Thanks.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi wellsy,

It looks like you use the Lodestar theme? That theme has an inbuilt portfolio which will be set up as a ‘custom post type’. In short, you won’t be able to create a page with the same name (portfolio) – it will automatically change to portfolio-2 by default.

If you don’t need the default portfolio functionality, it may be better to try a different theme? Or you may just have to change the page slug to something like ‘work-portfolio’ (if you use the WordPress dashboard this would be directly under the page title when editing the page. If you use the default editor it is under ‘More Options’, then ‘slug’ when editing the page).

• Hi Karen,

Yes, I tried using the default portfolio function but I didn’t like the way it appears as a single click-through project. I wanted it to appear on the screen like it currently does.

I’ll see if I can change the slug now though and that’ll be the end of that!

Thanks.

• The topic ‘Can you remove portfolio folder’ is closed to new replies.