Can log on as admin: Request has been terminated

• Getting this error message this morning when trying to connect to my Webpage to apply changes. Could not find any reason for it nor did I find any possible solution somewhere online. Any idea what this cold be

Request has been terminated Possible causes: the network is offline, Origin is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin, the page is being unloaded, etc.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Me too – getting the error messge mentioned below

Request has been terminated Possible causes: the network is offline, Origin is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin, the page is being unloaded, etc.

Same one burgholzhause got.

My blog is named feinerbuchstoff.wordpress.com

Thanks for helping

Bri

• Hallo… Habe das gleiche Problem…

• Same problem :-(

• Hello burgholzhausen,

To clarify, have you been seeing this issue when simply visiting your page, or when you attempt to login, etc?

Have you attempted to revert the latest change you’ve made to see if that may be the problem?

@biroxi It’s possible that the problem is related, but it’s generally best to post a new unique question to the forums so that we can best assist. Could you provide the exact steps being taken to reproduce the problem?

@petermiesskeswebseite If you are experiencing the same problem, it is generally best to make a new post on the forum. This is the English board, so if it is easier, you can also post on the German language forum here: https://de.forums.wordpress.com/

@cryptoladies As before, it’s generally best to post a new topic for discussion as the error could be unrelated. Could you also provide the steps for reproduction of the issue?

• i’ve got exactly the same problem.

my blog is called unkuri

• burgholzhausen · Member ·

@discokoffing

I am getting the error when I try to log on with userid and Password. – I usually do this by clicking on the “logon” (Anmelde) link at the bottom of my Webpage. (which is: https://wordpress.com/log-in/de)

However I noted, when I posted this message that somehow I still appeared to be logged on. Since yesterday the logging off did no longer work. Got stuck on the screen where you log off. Nothing happened. I then closed the browser sesson and cleared browser cache, also in meantime rebooted pc. – Still same issue.

• @Discoffing as it is a technical problem seems to be acting, I asked the users of the German forum to join this thread.

Here is the support directly with and everything can be clarified more quickly.

https://de.forums.wordpress.com/topic/probleme-beim-anmelden?replies=2

• Hello @burgholzhausen,

That’s very interesting, does that behavior occur in all browsers you’ve attempted so far?

@ingwerlatte1 totally understood, thanks for the clarification!

@discoffing

I tried on Internet Browser 11 and on a Google crome.

Appreciate all Support.

• do you have support forum in finnish language?

• Hi there,

@burgholzhausen the fact that you can post here means you’re already logged in, so I don’t quite understand.

Can you please walk me step by step through exactly what you did that led to you seeing that error?

Can you please open an incognito window in Chrome and try logging in there, the way you normally log in?

• For those who are getting this error, does it work if you try to log in using the English login prompt? (https://wordpress.com/log-in/en). It appears to be related to non-English login pages.

@kokkieh

see my earlier Response to “kiscoffing” – I also did note that I able to post here in this form. Here are the steps (I just tried again with Crome in incognito window but it did not make any difference). – Note, since yesterday I could not LOGOFF properly anymore. The session did not Close as it should. That was not possible. (Displaying my Webpage is not an issue. all is good there it seems.)

Here were my steps as described earlier.

I am getting the error when I try to log on with userid and Password. – I usually do this by clicking on the “logon” (Anmelde) link at the bottom of my Webpage. (which is: https://wordpress.com/log-in/de)

However I noted, when I posted this message that somehow I still appeared to be logged on. Since yesterday the logging off did no longer work. Got stuck on the screen where you log off. Nothing happened. I then closed the browser sesson and cleared browser cache, also in meantime rebooted pc. – Still same issue.

Thanks a lot for helping to check this out, Looks more and more users mostly in Germany have similar issue today.

• I’ve got the same problem with my German WordPress blog.

I cannot log in; my usual way of logging in is by using the adress of my blog and typing “/login” at the end.
    After typing my user name and my password I’m getting the red warning sign:

“Request has been terminated Possible causes: the network is offline, Origin is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin, the page is being unloaded, etc.”

I still can post comments on my blog from the outside, as well as others.

My blog is:

https://gabrielewolff.wordpress.com/

@mikestraw

It does not make any difference if you log on via the German or English logon Screen. When I tried this morning, at one time the English logon Screen showed up automatically.

• “does it work if you try to log in using the English login prompt?”

no, it does not. same situation again.

• Okay, it looks like a change we made yesterday is causing this. Our developers are looking into the problem.

Meanwhile, it would appear that in spite of the error message, you are still being logged in, which is why you can post here, and you should also be able to access My Sites and the WP-Admin dashboards for your blogs. So the error message itself is the bug here – it doesn’t look like it’s actually blocking anyone from logging in.

Got stuck on the screen where you log off. Nothing happened. I then closed the browser sesson and cleared browser cache, also in meantime rebooted pc. – Still same issue.

Is there anyone else having trouble logging out? Can you please check if clearing all WordPress.com cookies in your browser helps – clearing the cache only might not do the trick.

Thanks – glad that you have an idea what has caused this! :-)

Cleared also all Cookies, no difference yet.

Waiting for a success message – and as you stated, I can get to my Webpage from this blog and apply changes (I thought I was clever and also checked earlier if logging off this block make me also sign off properly from my Webpage and would allow me to relog on, but was all the same.

Waiting for the full fix. Thanks for all Support so far!!

• I now got into my blog by using the English version of the log-in formulate.

I just clicked on the new feature “also available in English”, typed my username and password, and finally got to the Admin dashboard.

• The topic ‘Can log on as admin: Request has been terminated’ is closed to new replies.