Can I try plugins/themes on free site before deciding to upgrade?

• I was thinking of making a WordPress site but I saw that I have to pay for business plan to use plugins, which I find problematic.

I want to try plugins and themes to see if I even like WordPress before deciding to actually pay for it or not. With WIX I’m able to try basically everything I want to see if the website is something I like and then I can pay for it and publish.

How can I test out plugins and themes and make a website with WordPress to see if this will benefit me? Do I seriously have to pay $33 for business plan and then pay for multiple plugins and themes before even deciding if this will suffice or not? I specifically am looking to make a website that allows visitors to upvote content on my homepage and all the stuff I’ve seen so far on WordPress isn’t going to work most likely, so I want to try everything out and maybe find a way to tweak things to make it work.

It would be crazy if I have to pay for a business plan and hundreds of dollars for plugins and themes to test things out on a website that isn’t even live. Yikes. I hope that’s not the case.

Any help would be great. Thank you.

• Hello there,

It looks like this is being discussed here: https://wordpress.com/forums/topic/try-wordpress-with-plugins-and-themes-before-paying-for-business-plan/

I’ll go ahead and close this thread to avoid duplication.

• The topic ‘Can I try plugins/themes on free site before deciding to upgrade?’ is closed to new replies.