can I add a sidebar to tecnu theme

• I am thinking of switching to Tecnu theme, but I want my posts to look similar to the way they look now. Specifically, I need a right-hand sidebar. Can I add this when using Tecnu? If not is there a fully customizable theme that will let me follow the design of Apostrophe 2?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hey there,

While the Tenku theme does not have a sidebar, you can add a sidebar to any theme that supports the site editor, including Tenku. You can do this by adding a Column block to the page templates you wish to include a sidebar on. Then, add your sidebar content to the column block. We have a great help document to walk you through the entire process here:

WP
    Use the Site Editor » Create a Sidebar
    4 min read
    Typically found on blogs, a sidebar is a narrow column that appears to the left or right of a blog’s main content. It displays secondary information such as a bio, blog categories, and more. This guide will show you how to add a sidebar to your website. Why Create a Sidebar Many websites, especially blogs, use a sidebar to display extra information such as a bio, a picture, blog categories

Hope this helps!

• Thank you. I assume I can add some of the widgets that are available in a sidebar?

• Hi there!

Which widget are you interested in placing? Block themes do not have traditional widgets. Basically, even on a sidebar, you insert ‘blocks’ the same way you do on a post or a page (though there might be some classic widgets still available in some older themes).

I recommend taking a look at this page to learn more:

WP
    Widgets
    4 min read
    Widget areas are special places on a classic theme that can accept blocks — typically areas like your sidebar or footer. This guide will explain how to use widgets on your website. Theme Support The information in this guide applies to classic themes. Sites using modern block themes do not use widgets, so you won’t find Appearance → Widgets in your dashboard. Instead, you can edit all

I’ll be happy to assist you further once I know more about the particular widgets you’re interested in placing in your sidebar.

Thanks!

• I have several images which are badges for challenges I participate in. Their Visibility is set so they only appear on posts in those challenges.

I have “Top posts & Pages” which is a widget. Other widgets include:

• a link to my Facebook page
    • A link to Follow my blog
    • A link to Translate the page
    • A graphic display of followers based on activity (likes & comments)
    • A calendar of previous posts
    • Archives
    • A list of tags I’ve used
    • A list of Categories I have

I’ll look at the page you reference. If these widgets are available as blocks, everything should be fine

Thanks!

• The topic ‘can I add a sidebar to tecnu theme’ is closed to new replies.