Bueno dropdown formatting

• I have a wordpress site with the Bueno theme. It has six menu items across the top. The second and third menu items have sub-menus, with two items each. I have managed to change the background color of the submenus for regular, hover, visited, and link using code like the following:

#pagenav li li a:link

{
    background-color: #123456;

}

#pagenav li li a:visited

{
    background-color: #000033;

}

#pagenav li li a:hover

{
    background-color: #D5D5D5;

}

I can’t for the life of me change anything else: font, font size, font color particularly. This doesn’t work:

#pagenav li li a, #pagenav li li a:link, #pagenav li li a:visited {
    color: #ff00ff;
    }

Neither does this:

#pagenav li li a, #pagenav li li a:link, #pagenav li li a:visited {
    font: 13px “Trebuchet MS”, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    }

I’ve also tried to change the sub-item border colors and other characteristics and nada. I only see differences in the sub-item background color. Any suggestions?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Your site is set to private and we volunteers cannot see it, and the Bueno demo site here does not have drop down submenus, so we can’t use that as a guide. Can you perhaps make your site public just for a short time so that we can take a look? If not, you will have to wait for a staff member to come around since they are the only ones that can see your site when set to private.

• I think I’ve made it public. Let me know if I have. It’s my secondary blog for designing the primary blog, so usually is private.

• This should do the nav drop down menu text for you. Edit as you desire.

.nav li ul li a, #header .menu li ul li a {
    color: #CC0000;
    font-size: 100% !important;
    font-family: Times New Roman !important;
    }

Borders for submenu items should be here:

.nav li ul li, #header .menu li ul li  {
    border: 1px solid #d8d8d8;
    }
  • That worked, thanks, but it still has a color and font I don’t care for when you hover over it.

• In the first bit of code, I had forgotten to mention that the “font-family” declaration I listed can be changed. What font (used currently in the theme) would you like to have in the menu?

Do you want to change the hover font color, or the background color when hovered?

Let me know exactly what you want to change and I can help with that. I’m on my way to be in a couple minutes, but I can get to it tomorrow morning for you.

• I would like the same font in the drop downs as the main menu. I want to change both the background color and the font color in the dropdown menus. Thanks very much.

• I got the hover background color changed, but the font color still eludes me.

• With Bueno, sometimes you have to use the !important attribute to override things set in the color scheme CSS. I sort of constructed these selectors based off the non hover stuff.

.nav li ul li a:hover, #header .menu li ul li a:hover {
    color: #00CC00 !important;
    }
  • That works. Thanks so much!

• The topic ‘Bueno dropdown formatting’ is closed to new replies.