Browser quandry

• So I just went through three excruciating days of my sciencesprings blog not working on my computer. I got it to work just fine on a borrowed computer. It turned out after much useless advice that the problem was with my browser. So I switched to a different browser and everything is working. It is not a good fit because of the way I use bookmarks. But the new browser does work.

My blog is in basic and applied science worldwide. I have 1100 readers in many countries. I see this in my statistics. I have been influential in getting universities and institutions to more properly address their subject matter and also in improving the status of women in the sciences

I am 82 years old and currently this blog is my life. I often work from 8:00AM to Mid-night. I average about 12-15 posts per day.

But, I am dependent on the whims of the browser administrators. One small change can put me out of business.

Is there a way for me to be independent of the whims of the browser administrators?

Thanks for any advice.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• You will always need a browser to have access to the internet. WordPress.com tries to follow the most recent html and css language. Unfortunately not all browsers do the same. Safari and Edge sometimes have their own interpretation, most other browsers as Firefox or Chrome have a more strict interpretation.

• So I tried Chrome to replace Firefox. Chrome was a bust. No File Manager, poor bookmark manager. At a loss. I ran regedit which turned up nothing.

• WordPress.com supports the most popular browsers, https://wordpress.com/support/browser-issues/#supported-browsers

There is no way to be independent of “the whims of the browser administrators” as you”ll always need a browser to surf on the internet. We recommend that you always use the latest versions of these browsers for optimal performance with WordPress.com. By doing so you can minimize possible issues.

We can’t help with the file and bookmark manager problem, best is to post your questions in forums of your browser.

• The topic ‘Browser quandry’ is closed to new replies.