browser not responding menu for sec., making it difficult to update (503s)

• When I log into the website admin, and go to Appearance > Menu my browser says, “Firefox is not responding.”

It began around the time when I created one menu item with the name “’95 tribal, techno, acid”, and then a second menu item with the same name. I did this accidentally.

For a split second, since then, the I get the message “Firefox is not responding” whenever I enter appearance>menu or am putting new menu items inside the menu page.

And, whenever I try to save I get a 503 message. No matter how many reloads I make (each after one minute), I must go back and click “save” again in order to save the menu for the new updates to show up on my screen.

I am using PUBLIC/university library computers and I tend to move from computer to computer as I work each day on a different one. These computers are fast and reliable.

Also, I have now 495 menu items. Question. How many menu items can I have on wordpress.com (wordpress’ servers, not my own)? Can I have more then 500? There’s MANY more pages which I wish to put up.

• The topic ‘browser not responding menu for sec., making it difficult to update (503s)’ is closed to new replies.