Bringing hosted site back to WordPress.com

• I currently host my website on kualo but want to bring it to the free version of wordpress.com. please can you explain the steps I need to take to make this happen please? Thanks!

WP.com: Yes
    Jetpack: No
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to moderators and staff)

• Hey there,

There will be some limitations when importing a site on the free hosting plan, but you can import a copy of your pages, posts, and media (Note that media storage is limited). This method will not import your site’s plugins, theme, or other design elements.

First, you will want to export your existing sites content under Tools > Export. You will want to choose Export All to ensure that as much of your site is transferred over as possible. We also have a help document on this process here:

WP
    Export Your Website’s Content
    5 min read
    Using the Export tool, you can move your WordPress.com site’s content to a new home on the internet. This guide will explain the step-by-step process for exporting your site’s content. Before You Get Started Before exporting your content: Make sure your site’s privacy settings are set to Public. This is required to ensure images are transferred to your new website. Clean things up a

Once your existing site content is exported, you can import the site content by visiting Tools > Import > WordPress. Under “What WordPress site do you want to import?”, click the link that says “upload it to import content.” You can then drop the export file and the importer will walk you through any remaining steps. We also have a help document on this process here:

WP
    Import a Website » Import a Site’s Content
    2 min read
    If you want to move content to WordPress.com from another WordPress site (either WordPress.com or a WordPress.org site), use the Import Content option. This option will import a copy of your pages, posts, and media to your new WordPress.com site, but not plugins, theme, or other design elements. Import the Content To import content from another WordPress site: First, export your site’s

You need to import the entirety of your site content, you can upgrade to the Business plan, which will allow you to import everything including plugins, theme, and other design elements.

Hope this helps!

• The topic ‘Bringing hosted site back to WordPress.com’ is closed to new replies.