blog surfer

• wouldn’t it be nice if we can find out the number of people subscribing to our blogs through blog surfer? obviously knowing the usernames should be a no-no for privacy reasons, but there’s no reason not to know how many wp.com bloggers are subscribing to our blogs. it could be incorporated into our feed stats too, since it sort of works like a feed.

• I believe that those people who are subscribed to your feed through “blog surfer” are already reflected in the wordpress.com feed stats. Also note that I subscribe to some wordpress.com blogs through blog-lines and some through feedblitz and some through netvibes. That’s because I prefer to get the information by having it sent to different email accounts based on different subjects, rather than through the “blog surfer”.

So keeping that in mind, if you were to get wordpress staff to work on telling you how many other wordpress bloggers were subscribed to your feed through “blog surfer” it couldn’t ever be an accurate accounting of the total of all wordpress bloggers who were subscribed to your feed as many of us use various feed reading services.

• The topic ‘blog surfer’ is closed to new replies.