Blog appearance

• My theme has a black background. Today, the body text, which is usually white, is black, too. I can’t see it on my browser, and my readers can get it on theirs, either. Please help?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• I see the issue. I tagged this thread for Themes Staff assistance. Please subscribe to it so you are notified when they respond.

• Looks like you’ve added some black font formatting to your latest blog post. If you click the Text tab in the post editor you’ll see the colour being set to #000000 (black) on span tags like these:

<span style="color: #000000; font-size: medium;">

If you go ahead and remove all those tags – as well as each tag’s closing counterpart, which looks like this:

</span>

…the text should return to its normal colour.

Just let me know if you run into any trouble with it.

• Your instructions worked perfectly! Thanks for the quick response.
    That said, I have no idea how that formatting got into my post. I did, however, write it in Word, then copied it to WordPress. In Word, just because, I changed the font to Sylfaen and increased the font size to 14 (my eyesight is aging with me!), then copied and pasted the text. Could the black color formatting have come from there? Just curious.

At any rate, if this ever happens again, I’ll know what to do. Thanks again!

• Formatting definitely carries over from Word, and I’d suggest you avoid pasting anything directly from Word as it often inserts “garbage code” in your posts, which as you’ve seen can have unintended consequences. :-)

I’d suggest you first convert to plain-text before pasting into WordPress, and then do any formatting within the WordPress post editor. If you must paste from Word, use the “paste as plain text” button in the editor.

http://en.support.wordpress.com/visual-editor/#pasting-text

Glad you’re sorted for now!

• Will do, Kathryn. Thanks again!

• The topic ‘Blog appearance’ is closed to new replies.