Blockquote an Image?

• I was just wondering if I can move an image where blockquotes are usually located (i.e. place an image to the left column beside the right column of text).

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi,

Have you seen the Image Alignment support page? I’m not sure what you mean by blockquotes, which aren’t located in a particular column. Did you mean pull quotes?

• To “offset” images to the blockquote location, you would need Custom CSS, which is available with the Premium or Business plans. If you decide to upgrade, let me know and I’ll be glad to help with the code.

• @kathrynwp,

Thanks. : )
    I wasn’t aware that WordPress.com was using a secondary meaning of “blockquote” that is synonymous with “pull quote” or “pullquote.” The only “blockquote” I knew was the one described in the Row 1 section of the Visual Editor support page.

• I wasn’t aware that WordPress.com was using a secondary meaning of “blockquote” that is synonymous with “pull quote” or “pullquote.”

We aren’t. :) But Twenty Seventeen has some special blockquote styles – you can see an example of both the left and right blockquote styles in this demo post on desktop screens:

https://twentyseventeendemo.wordpress.com/2017/01/02/welcome-to-our-blog/

I think the left style is what the OP is referring to, but she can definitely correct me if I’m wrong. :)

• The Pullquotes section of the Twenty Seventeen theme guide says:

Pullquotes (or “blockquotes”) can be used to direct your readers’ attention to a particular passage…

Twenty Seventeen is a WordPress.com theme correct? That’s all I meant.

• Why isn’t it the pullquote class

• Why isn’t it the pullquote class

It’s not actually a theme-specific class. It’s a blockquote that you get by clicking the “blockquote” formatting button, and then clicking the “left” or “right” formatting button, which automatically adds the regular WordPress “alignleft” or “alignright” class to the quote, and pulls it out of the normal document flow. The generated code looks like this, for example:

<blockquote class="alignleft"><p>Theseus, though a great and merciful prince, had no power to alter the laws of his country; therefore he could only give Hermia four days to consider of it</p></blockquote>

• Thanks. : ) I think I get it now, but the use of the two terms in the Pullquotes section of the 2017 theme guide is a bit confusing. The cited sentence

Pullquotes (or “blockquotes”) can be used to direct your readers’ attention to a particular passage…

seems to use blockquotes as a synonym of pullquotes.

• The topic ‘Blockquote an Image?’ is closed to new replies.