Blocking Scammers and stalkers

• Hello everyone..
    There is a person who is having more than over 15 or 20 blogs with different names. and there are also lots of them which I think are a group of people who have planned to disturb good people on word press.

What I did, I went on their blog site, and the very small window at the bottom of the screen on the right which says “Follow” I clicked on the three dots … next to it and it says “View Post in Reader.”

Yes it goes straight to “Reader” and then you can choose any post the person has written in the reader only. there are three dots again on the far right of post in the reader as I said. If you press on the three dots, in the window that opens, there is a list and on of them it says “Block Site.” I clicked on it and blocked them.

But on the other side of this matter, they cannot make any COMMENT OR LIKE at my own posts, but what they do, they can see the comments I have written at other blogs and they keep LIKING at the comments with different blogsites and it creates lots and lots of notifications that are not of interest. And that really sucks. And what makes it sucks, they are using the free sites and I am subscriber with a Premium Plan and it is like Word Press is allowing these idiots to bully people who are more able to keep word press going by paying. Please guys what should we do here?

Most of the scammers are from Nigeria, and they are making blogs from all over the world, how could wordpress allow them to do when they are opening a blogsite and choosing countries, word press should see their location and how come they can choose a different location, and that sucks too much. They are bullies and word press cannot stop them. What can we do, I am just fed up of it all. Please help!

I have written to word press mentioning all the problems, but there is not help.

My questions is : Like I have blocked their sites in the reader at their own sites, why do they still see the comments I have made at other blogs? How can we stop them.

I was thinking of taking a business plans where I can have the chance to block countries, do your think that will help?

PLEASE HELP, HELP IS IN A DESPERATE SITUATIONS.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

“There is no way to prevent someone from liking comments or posts on WordPress.com.
    You can change your notification drop-down to show only comments. That way you can filter out the likes and see what you want to see.

https://cloudup.com/cY3AzMKml-V

https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/blocking-spammers-1/

I am tagging this question with the modlook tag on the Tags section of the sidebar. So this thread gets the staffs attention.

Read about the modlook tag here: https://en.support.wordpress.com/getting-help-in-the-forums/#how-do-i-get-a-moderatorstaff-reply-for-my-question

You can also subscribe to this topic by clicking on the “Subscribe to Topic” link on the sidebar to get email notifications whenever someone posts an answer to this thread.

Thank you.

• Hi there,

Blocking a site in the Reader only prevents that site from being shown to you again in suggested sites or related posts when you use the Reader. It does not prevent you from visiting their site directly, or them from being able to view, like or comment on your site – it is not the same as blocking someone on Twitter or Facebook.

You can block someone from commenting on your site by adding their username and site URL to the comments blacklist at My Site ->Settings ->Discussion, but as @mommyhive said above, if your site is set to public anyone with an internet connection can still see it, and anyone with a WordPress.com account will be able to link posts and comments on the site. There is no way to prevent that.

• The topic ‘Blocking Scammers and stalkers’ is closed to new replies.